Effective Date: 01/01/2014
What do we collect from you?
We collect information from you when you register or create an account (“Account”) on our Website, place an order, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Any information that you voluntarily submit to the Website;
- Your user name, name, email address, date of birth, gender, phone number, state, city, country, or zip code;
- Your credit card or other payment information, which is used to complete a transaction;
- Proof of a government photo identification card;
- Biographical information;
- Links to other websites that you own; and
- Links to your social networking profile.
We may also collect the following personally identifiable information from you:
- Your IP address;
- Your geolocation;
- Your use of the Website;
- Any other additional analytics data that you voluntarily submit to the Website.
How do we use this information?
We use this personal and personally identifiable information to:
- Provide you with the Website and its services;
- To communicate with you;
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To troubleshoot problems with the Website;
- To complete a transaction that you have initiated;
- To update you on changes to the Website; and
- To update you on our services or the services of third parties.
How do we store and protect this information?
We store and process your personal and personally identifiable information on computers located within the United States. By using the Website, you agree to the collection and processing of your personal and personally identifiable information in the United States and hereby expressly waive any rights that you may have under the EU Data Protection Directive, or any other laws, regulations or policies existing outside the United States.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. Your personal and personally identifiable information will be stored on our servers until your Account with the Website is closed. Upon closing your Account, we will permanently delete all such information.
Though we do our best to protect your personal and personally identifiable information, you provide all such information at your own risk.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we share your information with third parties?
Lifetime Wishes will only share your personal or personally identifiable information with third parties in the following situations:
- Where Lifetime Wishes has obtained your consent;
- Where it is necessary to provide you with services initiated at your request;
- Where it is necessary to share such information with Lifetime Wishes’s parents, subsidiaries, successors, and assigns;
- Where it is necessary to share such information with trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential;
- Where Lifetime Wishes has been purchased by or has purchased a third party;
- Where it is needed to respond to information requests by government authorities;
- Where it is demanded by a court order or subpoena;
- Where it is needed to protect the employees, independent contractors, users, members, officers, directors, or shareholders of Lifetime Wishes; and
- Where it is needed to enforce our Website policies, or to help prevent against fraud or the violation of any applicable law, statute, regulation, ordinance, or treaty.
You are advised to review any personal or personally identifiable information that you include within your Website profile or elsewhere on the Website before you submit it to the Website.
What can you do to stop the collection of your personal or personally identifiable information?
You can cease Lifetime Wishes’s collection of your personal and personally identifiable information by taking the following steps:
- By adjusting your web browser settings to block or limit cookies, pixel tags, and web beacons; or
- By deleting your Account in accordance with the Terms of Service Agreement.
What are your duties when using the Website?
You have the duty to:
- Inform Lifetime Wishes of any changes to your personal or personally identifiable information; and
- Protect the security of your username, password, and personal or personally identifiable information.
Compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
Lifetime Wishes adheres to the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act) and does not knowingly collect or maintain any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without the express authorization of a parent or guardian. Lifetime Wishes’ Terms of Service Agreement prohibits individuals under the age of 18 from accessing or using the Website. Lifetime Wishes will not knowingly request personal personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without first obtaining verifiable parental consent.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third party companies or individuals that Lifetime Wishes has shared your personal or personally identifiable information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of personal or personally identifiable information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contacting Lifetime Wishes at 123 Lomita Street, El Segundo, CA 90245.
How can you contact Lifetime Wishes if you have questions?